Thursday, December 17, 2009

100 Places To Remember Before They Disappear

I will bring home many memories of Copenhagen and the climate talks. Right now they are flooding my sleep-deprived, jet-lagged brain. It's hard to sort out the emotion from the business dealings, from the many people I met, and the frustrating politics of the whole thing.

But the image seared onto my brain right now is the beauty and tragedy of CARE Square and the stunning display of "100 Places to Remember Before They Disappear". In the heart of Copenhagen, in a scenic square the aid group CARE International has assembled an outdoor gallery of photographs from this stunning collection that features 100 photographs from one hundred different places around the world in risk of disappearing or seriously threatened by climate change.

The pictures are taken by some of the world´s best photographers and all the places are based on reports from UN´s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). I did not meet anyone at the COP15 who was not moved to tears when confronted by the picturesque documentation of the destruction of climate change.

Words fail me when I think about it. You can see these gorgeous photos at the web site, 100 Places to Remember Before They Disappear. You can even buy the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment