Sunday, December 13, 2009

No rest in Copenhagen

Working 6am to 11pm, meeting lots of great people and working on interesting opportunities.

If folks only knew the kind of generous and socially-conscious proponents that I work with to help them bring revenue to their communities through offsets and the Clean Development Mechanism, I don't think I'd hear so much criticism of the carbon offsets. It's easy to sit in Toronto or Halifax and analyse dispassionately about the inherent wrongs associated with the carbon market, but when you see thousands of projects that help people in developing countries to get their sustainability projects off the ground, it's hard to be the cynical observer.

I'll stop ranting now and share my favourite sign from the protests yesterday: "There is no planet B".

No time to blog about all the events and ideas that I'm dying to talk about. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment